Valentine’s Day will be here before you know it. While you might have spent hours as a kid hand-crafting the perfect cards for your family and friends, you may not have the same inspiration at your disposal as an adult. Sure, you have the option to purchase various options of prewritten cards, but one of the best Valentine’s Day gifts you can give to any loved one is a heartfelt, handwritten message.
Writing valentine messages is a thoughtful way to express your love and be personal in a world that is vastly digital. If you’re searching for a special way to pass along valentine messages, whether sweet, romantic or silly, we’ve compiled a comprehensive list of suggestions and ideas to have a fantastic Valentine’s Day in 2022.
- What To Write in a Valentine’s Day Card
- Romantic Messages
- Messages for Boyfriends and Husbands
- Messages for Girlfriends and Wives
- Messages for Friends
- Messages for Kids
- Simple Messages
- Sweet Messages
- Funny Messages
What To Write in a Valentine’s Day Card
Do you want to hand-craft a personalized Valentine’s Day card but don’t know where to start? Don’t worry; you’re not alone. Email, texting and even digital greeting cards have made it so that we don’t need to consider the different parts that make up a card. When you’re crafting the perfect card for your loved ones, make sure they contain a(n):
- Valentine’s Day Greeting
- Personal Touches
Just like every love story has a beginning, so should every greeting card. While it’s likely that you have a close relationship with the recipient, there are a few different options you can use when it comes to an introduction, depending on the person. These can include:
- Dear [recipient’s first name],
- To my love on Valentine’s Day,
- To my best friend,
- To my child this Valentine’s Day,
However you choose to start your card, remember it should reflect on your relationship to the person you are writing to.
Valentine’s Day Greeting
The whole reason behind penning your own card is to give your special someone a notable Valentine’s Day greeting. Add a special touch and give your recipient a loving message; we have plenty below to choose from.
After your greeting, you have some room to add some personal touches and express the love you have for your recipient. Whether it’s a new love, an experienced love, a love for a friend or a love for a child, use this space to communicate how you feel and how happy you are that you have them in your life.
Congratulations! You have successfully made it to the end of the card; all that’s left is your loving sign-off. Some possibilities include:
- Love, [your name]
- I love you!
- Forever yours, [your name]
- XOXO, [your name]
- Hugs and kisses, [your name]
- With love, [your name]
- Lots of love, [your name]
Once your card is complete, think about how you will be giving this to your special someone. You can leave your festive note on a counter, in their car or even on a nightstand. However they receive your card, they’ll be sure to both love and appreciate it.
Valentine’s Day Messages for Romance
When you’re thinking about the perfect message for romance, also consider surprising your giftee with a bouquet of Valentine’s Day roses. Consider opting for orange roses to represent passion, red roses for love or find the rose color meaning that makes the most sense for you!
- I love you more than all the stars in the sky. Happy Valentine’s Day!
- With you, every day feels like Valentine’s Day.
- You are beautiful inside and out and I’m so lucky to be yours.
- You’re my forever love and I’m so grateful to have found you.
- Be mine today, tomorrow and forever.
- You give my heart peace. I love you so much.
- Happy Valentine’s Day. I couldn’t imagine my life without you by my side.
Valentine’s Day Messages for Boyfriends and Husbands
For the man in your life, surprise him with a loving Valentine’s Day card message and an edible gift basket — after all, it’s not just a holiday for women!
- Happy Valentine’s Day, handsome!
- To my husband on this Valentine’s Day, I’m yours forever.
- Being a part of us is the best thing I’ll ever be.
- It’s been a journey…one I’d do all over again.
- We’ve loved each other through good times, not-so-good times and life’s joys and sorrows. I’m so thankful for that.
- I met you. I liked you. I love you. I’m yours.
- Thank you for being the reason I look forward to every day.
Valentine’s Day Messages for Girlfriends and Wives
What better way to show the woman in your life you care than with a heartfelt Valentine’s wish? Try coupling this card with a relaxing spa package or bouquet of fresh flowers to make their day a great one.
- Happy Valentine’s Day to the most beautiful woman I know.
- Thank you for everything you do for our family. You make our family complete.
- You are my best friend, my partner and my soulmate. I love you.
- Again and again, I would choose you. Happy Valentine’s Day.
- You make me understand why Valentine’s Day is important. Thank you for loving me.
- Beautiful doesn’t begin to describe you. And lucky doesn’t begin to describe me.
- Any day that gives me more reasons to kiss you is a great day to me.
Valentine’s Day Messages for Friends
Writing valentine messages for friends is a unique and special way to show how much you care about them. Pair with some chocolate-covered strawberries to give your best friend a treat they’ll love.
- We’ve been friends for so long that we’re basically married!
- Thank you for being you and always being someone I can talk to.
- Who needs a valentine when I have a best friend like you?
- Happy Valentine’s Day! I just wanted to tell you that I appreciate you so much!
- Valentine’s Day is all about love, so I’m sending some of mine to you.
- Valentine’s Day is as good a time as any to remind my best friend of how much I love [her/him].
- Valentine’s Day reminds me how much I love our friendship.
- Making friends as a grown-up is hard. Thank you for making it easy.
Valentine’s Day Messages for Kids
Valentine’s Day doesn’t need to just be about adults and romantic relationships; this is also a great time to communicate with your children how much you care. Try gifting your card with a box of cookies to bring a smile to their face.
- You are so loved; I hope you feel that today and every day!
- Happy Valentine’s Day to a sweet [daughter/son]! I love you so much.
- You’re a kid after my own heart — totally sweet and completely unique!
- You make me laugh and smile every day. I love you!
- Wishing the best Valentine’s Day to a very special kid!
- Thanks for all you do (which is a lot!). Happy Valentine’s Day, kiddo!
- Know what I like about you? Everything! Happy Valentine’s Day.
Simple Valentine’s Day Messages
Do you prefer to give a more simplistic valentine wish? You can give a minimal valentine wish that still means the world; feel free to write one (or a few) simple sentiments that get your point across. As a simple gesture, try making a new Valentine’s Day recipe for a special dinner.
- You and me were meant to be.
- You make me smile!
- I love you to the moon and back!
- Being yours is a dream come true. Happy Valentine’s Day!
- I love you just the way you are!
- I love you THIS much!
- I still fall in love with you every day.
- I didn’t choose you, my heart did.
Sweet Valentine’s Day Messages
If you’re looking to be extra loveable this Valentine’s Day, try incorporating some of our sweet message options below. For an extra treat, sneak some mini pies into your sweetie’s lunch.
- I can’t wait for the day I can call you my [husband/wife].
- Whenever I’m with you, wherever we are, I’m home.
- The best things in life are better with you.
- Thanks for being you and for being mine.
- Every love story is wonderful but ours is my favorite.
- Wishing the sweetest day to my forever valentine.
- Just because I can never tell you “I love you” too often, I love you!
- Someone as amazing as you deserves the most amazing Valentine’s Day, too.
Funny Valentine’s Day Messages
Valentine’s Day doesn’t have to be a deep and thought-provoking holiday; you can be just as romantic with a sense of humor! Couples that can laugh together have something beyond a relationship; they have a solid friendship. Pair a funny card with some fun, multi-colored flowers to make a perfect day for the both of you.
- You’re stuck with me. Sorry, no refunds or exchanges.
- Besides [favorite food/beverage], you’re my favorite.
- I know loving me isn’t always the easiest. But trust me, it’s worth it.
- You are just as [adjective] as I am. That makes us a perfect couple!
- You are the coolest person ever.
- Roses are red, violets are blue, wine costs less than a dinner for two.
- I’d let you have the last French fry. If that’s not love, I don’t know what is. Happy Valentine’s Day!
Valentine messages come in many different forms and you don’t have to be limited to sending a card to just one person. To make the day even better for your special someone, try dropping them little surprises throughout the day like a thoughtful desk plant or fun balloon. However you decide to celebrate, spend time with your loved ones and have a happy Valentine’s Day!